Over 20 Years of Innovation
▪ Safety ▪ Drug Delivery ▪ Mechanical/Electronic
Vacuum-Operated Auto Retractable Safety Syringe - 2010 Award Winner
The purpose of this safety syringe is to prevent needle stick injuries. The Vacuumed Auto Retractable Safety Syringe is a patented disposable syringe that is designed for one-handed operation and incorporates vacuum-operated automatic retractable technology. It is the ONLY Syringe that uses vacuum force (instead of spring) to retract the used needle into the barrel of the syringe after an injection is administered. This syringe is intended to replace non-retractable syringes currently on the market.
- Vacuum force needle retraction
- Low activation force of safety mechanism
- Ease of use
Future: Globe is currently expanding the application of this technology into single and dual chamber prefillable syringes, safety IV catheters, and other devices with needlestick risk
Discover the First Vacuum-Operated Safety Syringe
Patented Automatic Retractable Technology
Why use the FreeVac Automatic Retractable Safety Syringe?
Accidental needle stick injuries are associated with risk of contracting blood-borne diseases such as HIV / AIDS, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. The traditional syringe creates a major risk of sharp injury to doctors and nurses. OSHA estimates that 8 million workers in the healthcare industry are at risk of occupational exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
The FreeVac Safety Syringe is a patented disposable syringe that is designed for one-handed operation and comes with vacuum-operated automatic retractable technology. FreeVac uses vacuum force to retract the used needle into the barrel of the syringe after an injection is administered. FreeVac is intended to replace non-retractable syringes currently on the market.
The FreeVac Safety Syringe uses
What are the innovative features and benefits of the FreeVac Safety Syringe?
- Automatic needle retraction (activated by patented retraction technology) requires minimum effort for users and reduces accidental needle stick injuries during procedures.
- No recapping: After the needle is retracted into the barrel, no recap of the syringe needle is required.
- One-handed operation: Keeps hand away from the needle during procedure.
- Simple to use: After injection, push the plunger forward until needle seat is engaged. The used needle retracts automatically into the plunger barrel.
- Safety mechanism: Retraction of needle into the barrel prevents syringe from being reused or recycled.
- No dead space: Medicine is completely administered from the barrel before activation takes place.
FreeVac Safety Syringe is the ONLY syringe with patented automatic retractable technology that uses vacuum force to retract the used needle into the barrel of the syringe after an injection is administered. (To see a video of this technology, please follow this Link)
The Following Youtube video shows how the vacuum operated syringe functions
Other Safety Syringes
Spring Technology Retractable Dental Syringe
Double Chamber Prefilled Syringe
|Safety Syringe Brochure.pdf||843.93 KB|